Friday, April 29, 2011

04.29



I'm counting down the hours to my vacation (138 to be exact). I'm itching to use film. The last time I visited NYC, I forgot to bring my Pentax, which irked me to no end. Perhaps I'll create my very own dark room one day (another unfulfilled promise from a class back in 2007). I just realized that I've lived in this apartment for over two years. I started from scratch, my insides being fricken ground zero. I had a bedroom filled with boxes from floor to ceiling, remnants of an old life that I despised, and my heart was scraped raw. I'm still rebuilding and find it pretty mind-blowing that I can do whatever I want. Set up a dark room, repaint my walls, turn my bathroom into a mini-garden, or just shrug at the dishes for a whole week. My mind is wandering, something I've allowed myself to do more often. It hurts less. Everything does.

2 comments:

[sen.siˈʝes] said...

and another couple of hours less till ur vacation starts :)
can't wait to see ur pictures from NY. they for sure will turn out beautiful.
last autumn my bf had the crazy idea to turn our very small hotelroom in basel into a darkroom and it was so much fun. well for me there actually was nothing to do but to switch lights on and off whenever he told me to do so but the pics came out lovely :)

Hi! I'm Irene. said...

Ohhh, that sounds like a lovely and quirky experience. A hotel darkroom, haha!! I visited Basel three years ago, when we drove for 5 weeks through Europe. I fell in love with the town's architecture and ambiance. My reason for visiting was because it was mentioned in the book Shantaram (an excellent read, by the way).