Monday, May 9, 2011

05.09





After nearly working myself to death in April, I finally got my reward - vacation time in New York! The flight ended up being delayed due to engine complications and I had to stay in Paris over night. It was confusing and frustrating, but I arrived safely, wearing a smile, a day after schedule. Needless to say, I was drained. Sucked dry. My bones, my bones!

R and I came home Sunday night after a long weekend in Brooklyn. We had rented an apartment (which made me swear off hotels for life) and felt rejuvenated by the novelty of it all. My spirits were lifted as soon as we stepped through the door. Quirky decor and immaculate surfaces! What more can a girl ask for? The Brooklyn flea was around the corner, little cafes and wonderful restaurants were on the main street and we hopped from train to train without any plans whatsoever. I was so busy enjoying myself that my camera stayed in the bag for the most part, but I did snap a couple of great shots. For now, though, just a tiny snippet of morning stillness and pale skies.

No comments: