Tuesday, May 31, 2011

05.31















I did my last shift today - another era ends. Tomorrow I'll start a new job and I don't know what to expect. I like challenges, but I don't always like change. I spoke with a co-worker this morning (I call her Mother Anna) and explained how I dislike in-between situations. The past stubbornly lingers and the future is just out of reach. I want to land, navigate and control. I wonder what that says about me.

If I could have my way, I'd choose to pause my long distance relationship for a couple of months, to return when my head is right. When my heart beats steadily. When I can take a deep breath without preparing for a must. Vacation. Is it possible to need vacation from vacationing? Hah! If so, please give me some of that.

It's a beautiful day here. I think I'll nap in the blooming courtyard. I hope to dream of the city. Feeling the pulse once again.

No comments: