Saturday, June 4, 2011

06.04













I used to be a gamer girl. I know, I know, geek warning! I'd play games such as Final Fantasy because role playing meant hardcore strategies and impressive powers. Days and nights would disappear in the blink of an eye, and for the longest time I had a tremendous fascination with these fictional worlds. When I visited Storm King, it took my breath away. I wandered across fields, under statues, through the woods and found hidden paths and treasures everywhere I looked. The freedom was enormous. Being able to wander as I pleased for as long as I wished, Storm King became the ultimate RPG. I kept repeating that to R, though I don't think he quite understood what I meant. The excitement had me out of breath as I sprinted from one mystery to another, rambling feverishly about quests and such. I keep my inner child close to my heart, and this place is now her castle.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Beautiful. I've always wanted to visit Storm King--maybe one day. It's nice to see shots of it like this from a cloudy day.